A running buddy might be just what you need!
Getting a running buddy can be a big help. Sometimes when you just don't want to get out there and run, having some one else can help! Often times, when we don't want to get out there and exercise, we're just feeling lazy; when you actually start running it's usually not as bad as it seemed while you were sitting on the couch.
Even if you don't run with your buddy every time you go, it's good to have some one who is also a runner to talk to about problems motivating yourself, or simply to share running stories and experiences to inspire one another!
It's also fun to have some one to go to races you're participating in with. Although, you don't want to limit yourself to running with your buddy, because you want to do your personal best, not their personal best. But, nevertheless, it's good to have some one to help you navigate your way through the crowds, and some one to line up with at the beginning of the race for one last bit of encouragement and a high five!

This is a great point. I always liked either running or walking with someone else so that you can talk or just share the pain with the other person. My wife and I go for walks quite a bit which is great time to talk. Although with that being said, do you have any good pointers on walking techniques. I would rather run than walk but maybe if I knew the right technique to walking I could get more of a workout out of it.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading this post because this is such a good point. I find that I'd rather run when I run with somebody else than just myself. I do think it is good motivation to have someone else running with you because it makes you work harder.
ReplyDelete